Timothy P. O’Malley
Timothy P. O’Malley is the director of the Notre Dame Center for Liturgy, associate professional specialist in the department of theology at the University of Notre Dame, and founding editor of Church Life Journal.
- Timothy O'Malley celebrates the pope's birthday by taking another look at the "Francis effect" controversy.
- Timothy O’Malley, Director of the ND Center for Liturgy, attentively listens to the silence of Good Friday.
- Timothy P. O’Malley, Director of the ND Center for Liturgy, looks at L'affaire Lewis and Covington Catholic through the lens of David Foster Wallace.
- Timothy P. O’Malley, Director of the ND Center for Liturgy, read's Benedict XVI conception of God as interrupting history rather than escaping into eternity.
- Timothy O'Malley, ND Center for Liturgy Director, exposes the culture of clericalism that made the McCarrick and other Catholic sex abuse scandals possible.
- Tim O'Malley, Director of the Notre Dame Center for Liturgy, considers the great temptations of power for those in the Church and the medicines of Lent.
- Tim O'Malley, Director of the ND Center for Liturgy, calls for a healthy dose of charity to heal the toxic ideological madness on Catholic Twitter.
- Timothy O'Malley, Director of the Notre Dame Center for Liturgy, sends down some apocalyptic fire right into the middle of your Advent observance.
- Tim O'Malley, Director of the Notre Dame Center for Liturgy, reviews James K.A. Smith's new book Awaiting the King: Reforming Public Theology.
- In two previous articles, Artur Rosman, the Editor-in-Chief of Church Life, has advanced a proposal for what constitutes the Catholic imagination. According to Rosman, the Catholic imagination is often employed in departments of Catholic...
- Our weekly post describing what you'll find in this week's Church Life. Celebrating Catholic Schools week, Church Life will ask this week: does a Catholic school evangelize?
- Timothy P. O'Malley, director of the Notre Dame Center for Liturgy, on the powerful weakness of God revealed at Christmas in the infant Christ.
- Timothy P. O'Malley offers a way to get ready for the season of Advent. Forget heading to the malls with the crowds on Black Friday and instead set up a Nativity Set.
- On this feast of All Saints Day, we remember that the saints present to us a politics of praise that are the ultimate vocation of the human being.
- As an adopting father, I have a unique relationship with my child. While many babies bond with their mother through late night breastfeeding, as adopting parents, my wife and I split this nightly vigil. From his earliest days in the...
- Timothy P. O'Malley on how Mary's suffering, contemplated on the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows, is redemptive. Mary's pain makes our pain meaningful.
- This piece examines what the feast of the Holy Cross reveals about the purpose of Catholic higher education in the world today. It's about cruciform excellence.
- Talking to First Communion parents soon? Dr. Timothy O'Malley suggests a way to speak to parents about the gift of First Communion for the entire family.
- Last week, in the blog for my class on the sacrament of marriage, I addressed how pornography has malformed the imagination of most Catholics, making it difficult for the gift of love intrinsic to the spousal relationship to take pl...