Timothy P. O’Malley is the Director of Education at the McGrath Institute for Church Life, where he also serves as Academic Director of the Notre Dame Center for Liturgy. He teaches and researches at Notre Dame in the areas of liturgical-sacrmental theology, catechesis, and aesthetics. He is the author of numerous articles and books, most recently, the forthcoming Divine Blessing: Liturgical Formation in the RCIA.
- Timothy O'Malley on how the Church's COVID-19 response is building a culture of life.
- Timothy O'Malley argues that Catholics can no more escape participation in the Eucharist than they can escape their human bodies.
- Timothy O'Malley argues for experimentation, rather than perpetuating the status quo, in Catholic education.
- Timothy O'Malley, Director of the Notre Dame Center for Liturgy, navigates between endless novelty and radical traditionalism.
- Senior Editors Timothy O'Malley and Artur Sebastian Rosman invite you to browse through our new user-friendly site.
- Timothy O’Malley, ND Center for Liturgy Director, reads the Notre-Dame de Paris cathedral fire theologically, rather than purely culturally.
- Timothy O'Malley, Director of the Notre Dame Center for Liturgy, on why we should encourage (little) kids in church.
- Timothy O'Malley, Director ND Center for Liturgy, kicks off our Advent commentary on devotional poetry series with Christina Rossetti's "Advent Sunday."
- Timothy O'Malley, Director ND Center for Liturgy, analyzes how youth ministry programs can avoid the inevitable burnout caused by current emotive models.
- Timothy O'Malley, Director of the ND Center for Liturgy, on the insignificance of law school admissions and entrance into MBA programs for salvation.
- Timothy O'Malley, Director of the ND Center for Liturgy, doubts whether, unlike Europe, America is safe from the technocratic paradigm and market forces.
- Timothy P. O'Malley, Director of the University of Notre Dame Center for Liturgy, on the kind of formation that is essential to the post-modern age.
- Timothy P. O'Malley, Director of the University of Notre Dame Center for Liturgy, questions the coherence of the well-known phrase.
- Timothy O'Malley, Director of the University of Notre Dame Center for Liturgy, refuses substitutions for the real body of Christ.
- Last weekend, I was in Philadelphia for the Society for Catholic Liturgy. This “multidisciplinary association of Catholic scholars” seeks to promote the “scholarly study and practical renewal of the Church’s litur...
- As I write this week's editorial musings, the McGrath Institute for Church Life is engaged in final preparations for our annual summer programming. We will welcome to the University of Notre Dame liturgical and sacramental catechist...
- Timothy P. O'Malley on how liturgy can be healing of a secular age. But only if we understand secularity and ritual well.
- Timothy P. O'Malley on the various ways that we can get Lent wrong. And how we should approach this season of grace as time to desire God aright.
- Today is Mardi Gras. Timothy P. O'Malley treats the celebration of Mardi Gras as a way of understanding how to keep Holy Lent. Not with sadness but with hope.
- Cultural Catholicism isn't something that should be dismissed in the New Evangelization. Rather, cultural Catholicism is needed through work of monks.