- Brian McMichael of the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend suggests that the pastoral rites for the dead are an occasion for practicing the virtue of hope.
- Timothy P. O'Malley offers a way to get ready for the season of Advent. Forget heading to the malls with the crowds on Black Friday and instead set up a Nativity Set.
- Sami Burr learns to encounter Jesus Christ in Lectio Divina as a teacher. The teacher isn't just facilitating an activity. The teacher must also pray.
- Alex White on how the theology teacher can't be complacent as an educator. The theology teacher is to teach as if the kingdom of God itself has come.
- Samantha Burr on the importance of theological education in becoming a good theology teacher. You can't know method alone. You have to know the subject.
- Renee Roden reviews a talk by Donna Frietas at the University of Notre Dame on the hook-up culture at Catholic universities.
- What happens when a pilgrimage becomes an urgent question? Leonard DeLorenzo thinks about this after his recent pilgrimage to Malta with Notre Dame.
- Msgr. Timothy Verdon, Canon of Florence Cathedral (i.e. "the Duomo), speaks on sacred architecture and the liturgy as Christianity's great work of art.
- What does a Christian do in a election when faced with a difficult decision? Renee Roden on Rodrigues' decision in Silence as a way of forming consciences.