Stephen M. Metzger
Stephen Metzger is Assistant Scriptor at the Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana. He is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame's Medieval Institute and the author of the two-volume Gerard of Abbeville, Secular Master, on Knowledge, Wisdom and Contemplation.
- Stephen Metzger on the best way forward.
- Stephen Metzger on the archives of Pope Alexander VII.
- Stephen Metzger on Calasso's forthcoming book about the Hebrew Bible.
- Stephen Metzger on the practical dimension of mystical theology.
- Stephen Metzger on Bruno Latour's double critique of globalism and localism.
- Stephen Metzger replies to Giorgio Agamben's attack on Pope Francis.
- Stephen Metzger on what Boccacio's classic has to say theologically.
- Stephen Metzger, PhD ND Medieval Institute, investigates the meaning and purpose of calling the Blessed Virgin Mary our advocate, especially during Advent.
- Stephen Metzger, Notre Dame Medieval Institute PhD and schoolteacher, finds inspiration for Catholic education in the songs and biography of Jimmy Buffett.
- Stephen Metzger explodes the unexamined assumptions of modernity.